Recipe by Irmgard
An easy, weekday meal with a scrumptious sauce. Delicious served with basmati rice and a green vegetable.
Top Review by mrs mack
wonderful sauce everyone was just about licking the plates. I left out the molasses, didn't have any and used ginger jam because that was what I had., But even on low I really could have cooked it for less time at 7 1/2 hours it was starting to fall apart, maybe I will try 6 next time
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 355 ml ginger ale (Use cola if preferred)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar (Use another fruit vinegar flavour if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan at medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix together in the slow cooker the ginger ale, ketchup, brown sugar and molasses.
- Add the pork roast and turn to coat.
- Mix together in a bowl the vinegars, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and apricot jam.
- Pour over the meat.
- Add the sauteed onions and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.