8 hrs 10 mins
Chef #603514's Note:
Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you...this is a super simple recipe, as I believe all slow cooker recipes should be!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 lbs boneless pork cushion roast
- 4 carrots, sliced into large chunks
- 2 -3 potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and
- 1 tablespoon water, mixed
- 1Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2Arrange onion and garlic slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the roast on top of the onion and garlic.
- 3Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker, around the roast.
- 4Mix water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, wine, and hot sauce in bowl.
- 5Microwave mixture for 30 seconds to blend flavors.
- 6Pour mixture over meat in slow cooker.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 8At 7 hour mark, stir in cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- 9Serve over egg noodles, rice or stuffing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pork Cushion Roast
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.3
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 892.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 35.2 g