Recipe by crickert13
Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you...this is a super simple recipe, as I believe all slow cooker recipes should be!
Top Review by STMJR
Very good, maybe a little too much vinegar. Next time I'll hit it with more pepper sauce.
It was a little dry, our sloow cooker is large so the liquid only covered half the 3.5 # "roast.'
Should it been covered" Seved it over rice. We'll do it again
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork cushion roast
- 4 carrots, sliced into large chunks
- 2 -3 potatoes, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and
- 1 tablespoon water, mixed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Arrange onion and garlic slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the roast on top of the onion and garlic.
- Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker, around the roast.
- Mix water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, wine, and hot sauce in bowl.
- Microwave mixture for 30 seconds to blend flavors.
- Pour mixture over meat in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- At 7 hour mark, stir in cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice or stuffing.