Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you...this is a super simple recipe, as I believe all slow cooker recipes should be!
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork cushion roast
- 4 carrots, sliced into large chunks
- 2 -3 potatoes, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and
- 1 tablespoon water, mixed
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Arrange onion and garlic slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the roast on top of the onion and garlic.
- Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker, around the roast.
- Mix water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, wine, and hot sauce in bowl.
- Microwave mixture for 30 seconds to blend flavors.
- Pour mixture over meat in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- At 7 hour mark, stir in cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice or stuffing.
Very good, maybe a little too much vinegar. Next time I'll hit it with more pepper sauce.
It was a little dry, our sloow cooker is large so the liquid only covered half the 3.5 # "roast.'
Should it been covered" Seved it over rice. We'll do it again
To us the sauce was sweeter than we like and the roast seemed dry on the inside.
This was fantastic! The flavor was awesome! I didn't have red wine anything so I substituted white instead! Also I'm not that big of a fan of any vinegar, but I did enjoy this recipe! And so did my husband, 15 month old daughter and my mother!!!! THANKS! :)