Recipe by NELady
From Taste of Home Simple & Delicious October 2008 magazine. I haven't made this recipe yet - just posting for future reference. Author is Sue Bingham, following description from magazine "Everyone will enjoy these fork-tender pork chops with a creamy, light gravy. Sue likes to serve hers with mashed potatoes and coleslaw or a salad".
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
These are o.k. - not great. I prefer Taste of Home' s recipe called "Chicken Fried Chops". This is a slow cooker recipe for pork chops that is tastier. I won't make this recipe again because there are better recipes-this one is bland.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 16 ounces boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, mustard, pepper blend and seasoned salt. Add the shops. one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown the meat in oil on each side.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place remaning flour in a small bowl; whisk in broth until smooth. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Whish pan juices until smooth; serve with pork.