Recipe by invictus
This is a great recipe to throw in the crock pot before work with very little prep work.
Top Review by children from A to Z
This was wonderful. I did have to change it a little because of time constraints. I put the whole pork roast in the slow cooker mixed the sauce ingredients substituting green chilies for the jalapenos (we're whimps). I also added 2 Tbls. taco seasoning so the sauce mixture. I just poured it over the roast and set it for 8 hours on low. It was perfect! Came home shredded it and voila dinner was ready. Thanks so much for this recipe Heidi!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapeno peppers
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the cubed pork, and cook until browned on the outside. Transfer the pork, onions, and garlic to a slow cooker, and stir in the green salsa, and jalapeno peppers.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours. Reduce the setting to Low, and cook for 4 to 5 more hours.
- Serve in tortillas with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.