Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This comes from my Southern Living Homestyle Cooking Cookbook. This is incredibly easy to throw in the pot before you leave for work, and come home to a nice, hot and tasty dinner. My husband loves this. I always half the recipe, and only use pork, but I am posting it the way it appears in the cookbook. Cubed pork chops work fine for this. Goes great with pickles and cole slaw.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean cubed pork
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- Combine all ingredients in a 5 quart electric slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 7 hours.
- Shred meat before serving by mashing the meat against the side of the slow cooker with the back of a spoon.
I used only pork loin and added 1/2 cup of KC masterpiece the second time for a really BBQ
This was a big hit at the Super Bowl party yesterday! I made it with all pork, and served it with coleslaw and dill pickles on soft rolls as recommended. Thanks! I'll surely be making this often. It's VERY easy and uses things I have on hand in the pantry!
This is a great recipe! I didn't have any stew meat so only used lean pork, and it was wonderful.