7 hrs 15 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
I got this recipe from our "CANCER BITES" cookbook that our office made. This was Father's Day dinner and we LOVED it!! Thank you Loretta for a fabulous recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season pork with 1/4 tsp of the salt and pepper.
- 2Add the cabbage to a 6 qt slow cooker.
- 3Top with potatoes; spread apple cubes on top in an even layer.
- 4Add pork.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wine, sugar, caraway seeds and allspice.
- 6Pour around meat.
- 7Cover and cook on hight heat for 4 1/2 hours or on low heat for 7 hours.
- 8Uncover cooker and transfer pork to a cutting board.
- 9Cover loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- 10Season cabbage mixture with remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- 11Transfer potatoes and cabbage mixture to a platter. Cut pork into thick slices; spread on top of cabbage.
- 12Serve warm, drizzle with cooking liquid.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pork and Red Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 417.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 40.1 g