Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got this recipe from our "CANCER BITES" cookbook that our office made. This was Father's Day dinner and we LOVED it!! Thank you Loretta for a fabulous recipe!
- Season pork with 1/4 tsp of the salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage to a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Top with potatoes; spread apple cubes on top in an even layer.
- Add pork.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wine, sugar, caraway seeds and allspice.
- Pour around meat.
- Cover and cook on hight heat for 4 1/2 hours or on low heat for 7 hours.
- Uncover cooker and transfer pork to a cutting board.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Season cabbage mixture with remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Transfer potatoes and cabbage mixture to a platter. Cut pork into thick slices; spread on top of cabbage.
- Serve warm, drizzle with cooking liquid.
I am having a very hard time believing the calorie and fat nutritional values are correct.
This is delicious. I love the cabbage when it gets mushy, burned parts on it. The pork really absorbed a lot of flavor from the rest of the ingredients. This was very easy to prepare and the flavors are well balanced. Thanks for sharing Katie