Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Recipe is from Campbell's Kitchen.
- 4 cups Swanson chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 large potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large poblano chiles, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir the broth, sugar, canned corn, potato, chiles, thawed corn, chicken and sausage in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the cream and cilantro.
This turned out great. I would've liked to have had a little more kick but traditionally cooking with a slow cooker mellows all food...unless you add crushed red pepper. I did roast (broil) the corn and poblano which may have added a little punch here and there where the poblano was crispy. Other than that, I didn't change anything else.