Recipe by Aunt Paula
This yummy and fillng recipe makes a full crockpot, which your whole family will enjoy! I like to add a salad and some garlic bread to complete the meal.
Top Review by ChefDLH
The only thing I changed really was to use pinwheel pasta as it made it more kid friendly and more pizza-like. The only problem is that it didn't all fit in my slow cooker. My cooker is older but big I thought, until this recipe. It wouldn't all fit so I had to make it into two. Knowing that I will half it next time. I should have known with 4 jars of sauce! BUT.. This dish is a keeper! My seven year old gobbled up 2 servings quite quickly. My husband (the meat lover) declared it delicious. We will definitely make it again when we have more people eating it!
- 4 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shedded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packagessliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced