This yummy and fillng recipe makes a full crockpot, which your whole family will enjoy! I like to add a salad and some garlic bread to complete the meal.
- 4 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shedded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packagessliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all indgredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or on HIGH for 2 hours.
The only thing I changed really was to use pinwheel pasta as it made it more kid friendly and more pizza-like. The only problem is that it didn't all fit in my slow cooker. My cooker is older but big I thought, until this recipe. It wouldn't all fit so I had to make it into two. Knowing that I will half it next time. I should have known with 4 jars of sauce! BUT.. This dish is a keeper! My seven year old gobbled up 2 servings quite quickly. My husband (the meat lover) declared it delicious. We will definitely make it again when we have more people eating it!
Based on the nutrition information, this should make more like SIXTEEN servings, not six (as given, the serving size is 1.25 POUNDS per serving).
This was quite tasty. I added a little bit more garlic just because you can never have to much in a dish, and I also added a little red pepper flake to give it same heat. The amount that this made was a lot, but the leftovers were great for lunch after I put them in a casserole dish, topped with some parm. and bake it for 30 minutes in a 350 oven. The dish came right back to life. Thanks for posting this great recipe. :)