Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Feel free to vary the ingredients to whatever your family likes on pizza. I put only meat on mine for my family of men. It's OOOH so good and what could be better than in the crock pot.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta (cooked)
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Brown sausage and onion. Drain.
- Layer 1/2 of each in a crock pot in the following order: sausage, onion, green pepper, cooked rigatoni, mushrooms, pepperoni, pizza sauce, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
- Keep rigatoni noodles covered with sauce so they don't become dry and crunchy.
This was great! I made it this past weekend. I added olives, black, and green in the last 2 hours. I also added in some fresh garlic. This was a very good and I truly enjoyed it, family loved it!
I picked this recipe to try and throw together during my lunch hour during the week because of the short cooking time (for a slow cooker). But, I decided I couldn't get everything ready for the recipe and eat lunch in the 30 minutes I have at home during my lunch break. So I made this over the weekend. I found this to be extremely salty, but otherwise very tasty. I agree with other reviewers....it is a "manly" dish, even though I used the veggies and added some olives. This is very, very filling. I halved the recipe, but it still would serve 6 or more! I'll save this recipe for when I have a houseful of teenage boys...they'll love this!
well this was my first attempt to make pizza in the crockpot and it won't be my last, this came out great, I used penne pasta and I only cooked it probably less that halfway knowing it would continue cooking in the crockpot, thanks for sharing this great recipe Coffee, this was made for KK's Chef's Pick forum game