Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I make thia recipe on cold winter nights, or when times are lean and the pantry is looking low. For a complete comforting soul food meal serve with corn muffins and my good luck collard greens
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dried pinto beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 2 cups diced bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 tablsespoon lawry's seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Frank's red hot sauce
- Put everything into a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-12 hours until beans are tender.
My husband's mom would often cook a huge pot of beans for the family as he was growing up. Try as I might I could never get it right, no matter how many times she showed me. I tried this recipe and not only did he give it 2 thumbs up, I liked it and I hate beans! LOL. Thank you so much for sharing.