Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is quick and easy!! You just add the ingredients and go!! My husband loves this recipe and he is a very picky eater!! The leftover sauce make a great topping for mashed potatoes or a wonderful stock for soup!
- 4-6 chicken thighs, I like to use skinelss thights
- 473.18-709.77 ml chicken broth
- 44.37-59.16 ml pesto sauce, I use the store bough in a jar, but I'm sure you can use homemade pesto sauce
- 14.79 ml garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken into the slow cooker or crock-pot. I use a 5 qt crock-pot.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken.
- Add your pesto sauce and garlic, then top with salt and pepper.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, the longer you cook this the better it is.
- Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes. You can use the sauce for topping for the mashed potatoes.
I made this for the second time tonight. The first time I made it as it was written and it was just ok. This time I used boneless thighs, browned them first and used way less broth. We liked it a lot better. I'll be making this one again.
Easy dish with a different crock pot outcome. So many dishes in the slow cooker end up tasting the same. This pesto twist on the most flavorful cut of chicken is awesome and my entire family 8 agreed with a "thumbs up"! We cooked a pound of angel hair pasta, put it in a large serving dish and covered it with the pesto sauce from the cooker and the chicken. For a twist, add a package of Ranch dressing mix over top of the chicken after adding the pesto.
This is pretty good. I followed the recipe exactly and used skinless bone-in thighs. My husband like it more than I did, but I think my crockpot must get hotter because I cooked it for 6 hours on low and it was probably too long as my chicken was very nearly mush. The 3 stars are for how easy it is, plus it satisfied my darling husband. I think next time I will use less stock and cook it for less time. I think I probably will do again.