Recipe by DrGaellon
Succulent strips of sirloin seasoned with garlic powder, then slow cooked with onion, bell pepper and stewed tomatoes.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with rice.