Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs 10 mins
Succulent strips of sirloin seasoned with garlic powder, then slow cooked with onion, bell pepper and stewed tomatoes.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with rice.
Made it as written and turned out tender and delicious. My husband was looking for leftovers the next day but there was none left!
Very yummy! I had to make it on the stove becuz I didnt have enough time to make it it the crock pot. The meat was just a little on the tough side but Im sure that was my fault. Otherwise it was great and I cant wait to try it again in the slow cooker!
A simple crockpot recipe that results in a tasty dish. I cubed my beef instead of slicing and added 1-2 Tbs of chipolte chile in adobe.Mmm served over rice it made a lovely dinner.