Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy 3 step recipe-Simple & delicious. Fresh or Frozen fruit may be used.
- 4 cups peaches, sliced & peeled
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ice cream or whipped cream
- STEP 1 Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, gently toss peaches and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Turn into slow cooker.
- STEP 2 In medium bowl, gently beat Bisquick mix, sugar and milk with whisk until blended. Pour over peaches in slow cooker.
- STEP 3 Cover; cook on low heat setting 3 hours or until cobbler is set in center.
- STEP 4 Serve cobbler with ice cream.
I am giving this cobbler five stars because I didn't have to light the oven! It is a shame to go without fresh fruit cobbler during hot summer months. This recipe is super easy and almost as good as oven baked! I used fresh apricots and cooked about 20 minutes longer until the bread was starting to brown well around the edges. Very good!
My rating is a little deceptive, bkellum. Because the taste of this peach cobbler recipe is 5 Stars all the way...one of the BEST peach cobblers I've ever made. But something didn't go right (the batter didn't cook all the way and was too gooey and raw in the center). I'm not sure if I made a mistake or there's a flaw in my slow cooker. I put each serving in the microwave, and that cooked the batter a little more. I wanted to try it again to perfect the procedures, but I'm a little pressed for time this week (two funerals to attend or plan). But I know I'll make this again, and I'll re-rate this if I can make this recipe work for my slow cooker. It is super yummy though, so it's definitely worth trying.