Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Use your slow cooker to make this delicious spread
- 4 lbs ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Add the peaches and water to a blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker; stir in the brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lemon juice, ginger, and cloves; allow to cool, uncovered.
- Taste to adjust the flavorings.
- Once cool, the peach butter may be stored in the refrigerator in containers with tight fitting lids; it will keep for several weeks.
This turned out FANTASTIC!! We freeze our u-pick peaches whole (after washing and air drying) and decided to try this recipe for the remnants of our supply from a couple seasons ago (life interfered with our baking plans). I pureed afterwards, and hadn't added any water due to the nature of the frozen peaches I was using. My ratios of peaches to other ingredients was guesstimated due to not knowing how many pounds of peaches I was utilizing. I might try this with the addition of cinnamon next time.<br/><br/>We've been using the peach butter on toast, pancakes, biscuits, peanut butter sandwiches, in our oatmeal, etc. It is crockpot-licking good!