Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy party food. Wonderful.
- 2 lbs fully cooked smoked link sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- Cut sausages diagonally into 1/2 inch slices; cook in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Place sausages in the slow cooker; discard drippings.
- Add dressings, sugar, and juice to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over sausages.
- Heat on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through.
Well NurseDi you not only have some great party food here but you've got a great every-night-of-the-week dinner menu! We thoroughly enjoyed this as an evening meal. I served up regular pork sausage (I think a nice spicy hot sausage would be just as appealing) on a bed of basmati rice. There's lots of tang and zip in these sausages and it's always a bonus when you can cook in the slow cooker. Thanks again NurseDi, I'm submitting a photo in gratitude of your very delicious party sausages.
Can I just say OMG!!!!!!!!!! These were the best tasting little smokies I had ever had. I made them fora bbq and I was almost convinced to just play sick and stay at home with my little smokies...Yumm-o!!!!!!!!!!