Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Wake up relaxed, refreshed and ready to eat, with this great dish from Johnsonville. Let your favorite breakfast ingredients simmer and meld together overnight and you’ll have the perfect morning meal ready whenever you wake up!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Johnsonville Hot & Spicy Breakfast sausage
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine green onions, red pepper, chilies and cilantro; set aside.
- Spray the interior of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with vegetable cooking spray.
- Layer one-third of the hash browns, sausage, green onion mixture and cheese into crock.
- Repeat layers twice.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over layered ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until thermometer inserted into the center reads 160ºF.