Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Who doesn't like ease of preparation and a delicious dinner when you walk in the door. Comes the Fall, I am into my Slow Cooker. From my 3-ingredients Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 4 chicken breasts (I prefer bone in and skin on)
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sour cream
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add a couple of tablespoons of oil.
- Sear the chicken, skin side down, until well browned.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and add the orange juice concentrate.
- Don't dilute with water.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and keep it warm.
- Degrease the sauce with a ladle and stir the sour cream into the sauce.
- Serve each chicken breasts with some of the sauce poured over the top.
Great recipe. The chicken was so tender- tasted like baked chicken. I used skinless and boneless chicken. The sauce was very tasty. I added some onion powder with the sour cream and warmed for about 15 mins in the crock. Spread over the chicken and topped with some freshly cracked black pepper. I was a little skeptical that this would be a winner- but was pleasantly surprised. The sauce was very tasty for so little effort. A nice change to tomatoe based slow-cooker/crockpot dinners. Photo also being posted. Edited to add- 5 hours was plenty of cooking time on slow for me
OMG so yummy and EASY! I had three large boneless skinless breasts, and I literally just rinsed them, patted dry, dumped into the crockpot with the orange juice concentrate, and after 3 hours on high - tada! The chicken was tender and juicy, and the sauce was awesome. I'm going to try it with pineapple-orange juice next time.
Very tasty, better than I expected. The whole family liked it. I made the sauce with Daisy light sour cream and it worked well, I was the only one that used the sauce. Also, not overbearing orange flavor, nice! We ate it on a busy weeknight so I didn't fix anything special but it would be nice with pasta or rice.