6 hrs 20 mins
This looks just like a recipe I recently had at a potluck but didn't get the recipe. I found this on the Betty Crocker website. I hope it's a match. Make this hot and hearty soup the mainstay of a simple meal. Serve with whole-grain rolls or assorted crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup smoked turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 1In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion in oil about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- 2Place onion, celery, carrots, turkey, wild rice, tarragon and pepper in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Pour broth over top.
- 3Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until wild rice and vegetables are tender. Stir in peas last 15 minutes of cooking.
- 4Mix milk and flour; stir into soup. Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until thickened.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker North Woods Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 591.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: