Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A flavorful crock pot recipe made with chicken drumsticks and Simply Potatoes® slowly cooked in a spicy combination of Moroccan seasonings. If you like a lot of heat in your stew opt for the higher range of ground red pepper and crushed red pepper.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 (24 ounce) package chicken drumsticks
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, un-drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook, turning chicken occasionally, until browned. Drain grease.
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker add Simply Potatoes and carrots. Top with browned chicken and garlic. In small bowl stir cumin, ginger, ground red pepper and crushed red pepper until well blended. Sprinkle over chicken and Simply Potatoes. Add chicken broth. Cover; cook on LOW heat for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in tomatoes and raisins. Increase heat to HIGH. Cover; cook for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice just before serving. Tip: We do not recommend substituting chicken breast in this recipe. Due to the longer cooking time chicken breasts dry out too quickly.
This recipe is an example entry for our Ready, Set, Cook! Recipe Contest. Get more info and enter for your chance to win $2,000 HERE: www.food.com/simplypotatoes