Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An easy sweet and savory recipe by Robin Miller of the Food Network. Perfect atop a mound of couscous.
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless beef brisket
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole dried apricot
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Arrange onion wedges and parsnips in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season beef all over with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, and nutmeg. Rub spice mixture all over beef.
- Arrange beef over onions and parsnips in slow cooker.
- Arrange apricots around beef.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wine, broth and honey. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Serve atop Couscous and garnish with cilantro leaves.
this was absolutely delicious and so easy to make. thanks!
This roast was fantastic!! Loved the flavors going on with it. The outside got kinda hard and oh so sweet. I think that was one of the best parts!! We didn't like the apricots by themselves but they are a MUST to the exceptional flavor!! Thanks so much!! ZWT6 for the Xtra Hot Dishes-