Recipe by Ck2plz
I love Moo Shu Pork. I have never made this but hope to soon. This is out of Family Circle.
Top Review by lazyme
Oh yum! I love moo shu pork and was a little concerned about making it with the thicker tortillas. They weren't quite the same as the familiar thin pancakes - but worked really well. I cooked the cabbage mixture on high for 4 hours. I probably needed to add a little more sauce part-way during the cooking time, but it turned out great. I loved the hoisin sauce - it was truly great!!! Made an awesome dipping sauce! Really enjoyed this shortcut recipe to make moo shu at home. Thanks Ck2plz for a nice keeper. Made for Went To The Market Tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded coleslaw mix
- 0.5 (10 ounce) bagshredded carrots
- 3⁄4 lb boneless pork loin chop
- 12 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- scallion, strips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together hoisin, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
- Place coleslaw mix and carrots into slow cooker. Cut the pork into 1/8-inch thick slices, then cut each slice in half lengthwise; sprinkle on top of cabbage mixture in slow cooker. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove cover; stir in remaining 1/4 cup hoisin sauce mixture.
- Heat tortillas according to package. Place 1/2 cup pork mixture in center of each tortilla, top with scallion strips, if desired, roll up.