Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs 10 mins
Found on allrecipe, it was submitted by leith123
Make and share this Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 large green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- rice, cooked
- Place flank steak and cornstarch into a resealable plastic bag.
- Shake the bag to evenly coat the flank steak with the cornstarch.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir steak until evenly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Place onion, garlic, flank steak, green onions, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, and hoisin sauce in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low setting for about 4 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Wonderful! I thought at first it may have been a little salty for my tastes but it blended perfectly over a bed of rice and the sauce was wondefully rich and full of flavour.