Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
a hearty and delicious vegetarian soup
- 3 carrots, Diced
- 2 zucchini, Cut up
- 1 onion, Diced
- 3 celery, Chopped
- 1 handful green beans
- 3 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 lb cooked lentils
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cooked noodles
- Add all your ingredients into the slow cooker with the exception of the noodles.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add the cooked noodles in just before serving.
- Note: Feel free to mix and match the beans and veggies with what you have available in your fridge and pantry.
Made this pretty much as given, although I did cut back on both the curry & cumin! Also included a small amount of both green beans & peas that I had as leftovers! Much appreciated the easy of making this in the crock pot! It made for a wonderfully tasty lunch on a cold, wet & dreary day! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
While this sounds like a tasty vegetable soup, it's a bit misleading. Minestrone soup does NOT include cumin, curry or garam masala--maybe a little pesto to finish it off, but not the spices noted. Perhaps a more fitting name would be Curry Vegetable Soup?
I loved this soup. I replaced the cumin, curry and garam masala with Italian spices and added more salt and pepper. I took this recipe with me to a meeting - it made a ton and everyone loved it.