1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Mexican Meat
8 hrs 15 mins
deb k's Note:
I had a chuck roast and didn't want to make the usual stew, so after looking at a lot of recipes, I decided to try this for a Mexican meal. I have used this meat for a number of dishes (most favorite is tacos, also burritos and topped nachos with it) I think it is far superior to using ground beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put everything in a crock pot.
- 2(Add enough beef broth to come up to almost 1/2 of the roast). Cook on low for 8-10 hours Take out roast, shred beef and add back to liquid.
- 3(Before I take out the roast, I usually taste it and add more seasoning if needed. You can add more hot sauce, cayenne pepper if you like it hotter or more cumin).
- 4Cook for another 30 minutes.
- 5My husband loves this in tacos, but I like to add refried beans and make burritos out of it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Mexican Meat
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g