I had a chuck roast and didn't want to make the usual stew, so after looking at a lot of recipes, I decided to try this for a Mexican meal. I have used this meat for a number of dishes (most favorite is tacos, also burritos and topped nachos with it) I think it is far superior to using ground beef.
- Put everything in a crock pot.
- (Add enough beef broth to come up to almost 1/2 of the roast). Cook on low for 8-10 hours Take out roast, shred beef and add back to liquid.
- (Before I take out the roast, I usually taste it and add more seasoning if needed. You can add more hot sauce, cayenne pepper if you like it hotter or more cumin).
- Cook for another 30 minutes.
- My husband loves this in tacos, but I like to add refried beans and make burritos out of it.
dh made this...he gets inventive so he changed it up some...more cumin and chili powder...made great burritos
Yummy!! Awesome flavor, used it for tacos but can see many, many different mexican dishes made with it. Thinking I'll use the leftovers for some type of burrito casserole or something similar.
I used a 5lb chuck roast and didnt change anything with the sauce except to use a 7oz can of green chiles. It was very good and so moist. I forgot about the red pepper flakes which is probably why it wasnt too spicy, but it was so flavorfull. I used 2 cups of water with 2 bullion cubes and it turned out to be way too much liquid so i put it in a pot with some cornstarch to make a wonderfull gravy. I served it over rice one night and in burritos another night.