Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a simple recipe that was a big hit with my family.
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (I remove skin)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chipotle salsa or 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked noodles
- Place bell peppers and onion in slow cooker; top with chicken. Sprinkle chili powder and oregano evenly over chicken. Add salsa. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to serving bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. Stir ketchup, cumin and salt into cooking liquid. Cook, uncovered, on high 15 minutes or until hot. Remove chicken from bone, chop, and return to slow cooker; allow chicken to soak up the sauce a little before serving.