Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
you can add chicken or turkey breast to this to make a meal...
- 15 1⁄4 ounces corn, drained
- 15 ounces black beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups long-cooking rice, uncooked
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- combine corn, black beans, chiles, onion, pepper, rice, water, orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, cumin and chili powder in a slow cooker.
- cover and heat on low setting for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- stir in remaining lime juice, cilantro and salt, pepper.mix well.
- serves 4-6.