Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
The name says it all...short ribs become exceedingly tender when slow-cooked in a flavorful combination of French onion soup, ale, garlic, brown sugar and seasonings.
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle dark beer or 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat. Pour the soup and ale over the beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Time-Saving: Recipe may be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serving Suggestion: This recipe is delicious served over hot mashed potatoes or noodles.