Recipe by Lainey6605
This takes minutes to throw together in the morning and tastes delicious. Recipe is from Campbells.
Top Review by GrandmaG
I purchased Campbell Soups slow cooker recipe book a few years ago. This recipe is one of my favorites out of the book. I use the boneless beef short ribs, (less fat, more meat) and imported dark German beer. Wonderful flavor and tender ribs every time. A good tip to remember is the better the beer, the better the flavor. Save the bud light for drinking!
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, cut into serving-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle dark beer or 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef into a 3 1/2- to 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour.
- Toss to coat.
- Stir the soup and ale in a small bowl.
- Pour over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Serve with the mashed potatoes or noodles, if desired.
- This could be cooked in the slow cooker on high for 4-5 hours, but I haven't tried it.