Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A very delicious recipe from the Campbells kitchen. You can't even taste any soup in this, it has such a lovely combination of flavours.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup other oil-cured olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup jarred sun-dried tomato, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf (optional)
- Stir soup, wine, olives, capers, garlic, artichokes and tomatoes in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. (Using a bigger one is fine.) Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours or till the chicken is cooked through and tender. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.
Wow!!! This recipe is fantastic and full of flavor!!! I was worried about a lack of flavor, because of so few spices being added, but that was not the case!! I have never cooked with capers or sun dried tomatoes before, and they really packed a punch of flavor!!! This was so very easy to put together, and the end result was delicious!!! I served it over white rice, and also added a tbsp. of greek seasoning. This is now in my regular rotatiion of recipes.......highly recommend!! Thanks Semra22!!!!!!!
I usually don't use canned soups, but the combination of ingredients were too hard to resist. I am glad I tried this recipe, it was so delicious and so easy to put together. The end result was so flavorful and you are right, the soup was just part of the ingredients. A keeper, Thanks for posting