Recipe by Car01yn
This thick, rich meat sauce with a little spice cooks all day and smells amazing. Packed with beef and pork, its a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 pork chops
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 4 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, brown ground beef and pork chops.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato puree, sugar, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add beef, pork, tomato mixture, red pepper flakes and bay leaves in slow cooker.
- Cook for either 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low setting.
- Serve with pasta.