I finally had to try coming up with my own chili recipe--as I always seem to make so many changes to others! I hope that you enjoy! This isn't quite as spicy as I like it--but it is a good compromise for those who like and don't like their chili super spicy. Please add additional chili powder and chipotle sauce as you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 1/4 lbs ground pork
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb sirloin, cut up as for fondue
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chipotle salsa (I use San Marcos Chipotle Salsa)
- 8 ounces sour cream (for serving)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (for serving)
- 1Cut the bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and brown in pan over medium heat. Remove and reserve on paper towls.
- 2Drain the bacon grease, then brown the ground pork and beef in the pan.
- 3Crumble the bacon a bit and combine with the (drained) ground pork and beef, sirloin, beans, tomatoes, and onion in a slow cooker.
- 4Add the seasonings (garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin, and oregano) to the slow cooker and stir well.
- 5In a bowl, combine the tomato paste, beer, and chipotle sauce. Stir until well combined and pour over the mixture in the slow cooker.
- 6Mix everything together.
- 7Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 8Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Meaty Chipotle Chili
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1136.1
- Calories from Fat 671
- Total Fat 74.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 222.6 mg
- Sodium 2046.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 66.8 g