Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I am able to have my favorite comfort food and have it fit into my eating program. This is so easy to prepare. And with the crockpot, it is all the more comforting to come home to this cooking. I have only cooked this with ground turkey, but I'm sure you could use ground sirloin. This is another recipe from Joanna Lund. I don't know the calories right now, I'm using my hand written copy. Each serving is only 2 Protein, 1/2 Vegetable and 1/2 Starch diabetic exchanges. Posted for my friends at WLB2006.
- Spray a slow cooker container with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, onion, bread pieces, mustard and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Mix well to combine.
- Form into a large ball.
- Place in prepared slow cooker container.
- Stir the Splenda and parsley flakes into the remaining tomato sauce and spoon mixture evenly over meat loaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Divide into 8 servings.
- When serving, evenly spoon sauce over top.
- Freezes well.
I love how easy this way. I used very lean ground beef (97%) instead of the turkey. I used wheat low cal bread. Nice flavor but I still felt the need to smother it in ketchup when it was done. I loved how good a cold meatloaf sandwhich it made though, because there was not a lot of yucky cold fat attached.