Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am able to have my favorite comfort food and have it fit into my eating program. This is so easy to prepare. And with the crockpot, it is all the more comforting to come home to this cooking. I have only cooked this with ground turkey, but I'm sure you could use ground sirloin. This is another recipe from Joanna Lund. I don't know the calories right now, I'm using my hand written copy. Each serving is only 2 Protein, 1/2 Vegetable and 1/2 Starch diabetic exchanges. Posted for my friends at WLB2006.
- Spray a slow cooker container with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, onion, bread pieces, mustard and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Mix well to combine.
- Form into a large ball.
- Place in prepared slow cooker container.
- Stir the Splenda and parsley flakes into the remaining tomato sauce and spoon mixture evenly over meat loaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Divide into 8 servings.
- When serving, evenly spoon sauce over top.
- Freezes well.