Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Family Circle magazine
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, plus 3 Tablespoons
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl, stir together meat, green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, parsley, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Fit a long piece of foil into oval slow cooker so ends are hanging over sides and press into place.
- Spoon meatloaf mixture onto foil and form into an oval-shaped loaf.
- Spread remaining 3 tablespoons of ketchup over top of meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- To serve, carefully lift meatloaf out of slow cooker using foil handles.
- Slice using a serrated knife and serve immediately.