Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From a book of all slow-cooker meals. Sounds yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In mixing bowl combine beef, eggs, bread crumbs, milk, onion, salt and sage.
- Shape into ball and place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, mix together in small bowl, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and nutmeg.
- Pour over meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
The only change made to this recipe was to add green peppers. It was delish! I was looking for a crockpot recipe, it is wayyyyy too hot for the oven and this recipe fit the bill, exceeded it!!! DH and I especially like the topping. I reluctantly added the nutmeg, and was not sorry. This will become my go to recipe!!! Thanks!
I have been making this recipe for almost four years now and haven't changed a thing. I actually have to make extra sauce because its sooo delicious!
Thanks alot for this recipe my family loved it, I used 2 lbs ground beef and doubled everything else and used onion soup mix. It was really good and it made alot so we can eat leftovers thank you!!!