Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Delicious and moist! My family loves this meatloaf!!!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 1/3 cups. Combine the crumbs, beef, and next 7 ingredients (beef through garlic) in a large bowl, and shape meat mixture into a 9 x 6-inch loaf. Place loaf in an electric slow cooker.
- Combine ketchup, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a fork. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of loaf. Cover with lid; cook on LOW for 5 hours.
I replace the bread crumbs with ground walnuts for an even heart healthier version; it is a very good and easy recipe with great flavor!
This was great kitty! I increased the recipe for 1 lbs of beef and 1 1/4 lbs of turkey. I used whole wheat "panko" and a package of onion soup mix instead of the Italian seasoning. I was skeptical that the "sauce" over the top would be runny since it wasn't "glazing" in the oven, but it was very good and my husband loved it much better than an oven loaf! Thanks, so easy!
This was my first time doing a meat load in the cri=ock pot, The DM and DS really loved it but to be honest I thought it was o'kay. Unfortunately I couldn't get shiitake mushrooms and used swiss browns otherwise followed the recipe. Personally I would have like a little more zing. Like bluemoon downunder I did use minced/ground chicken in place of turkey but everything else was spot on expecially the cooking time which was much appreciated. Thank you kittycatmom, made for Everyday A Holiday.