Recipe by Halcyon Eve
This recipe is from Taste of Home magazine. It's become my classic holiday mashed potato recipe. Everyone loves them! I love that I can make them ahead, instead of trying to mash potatoes, make gravy, and carve turkey or roast all at once! I can make a double batch early in the day, toss them into the crockpot, and by the time dinner is served, the potatoes are ready and waiting! I usually skip the Ranch dressing, since I don't think it would taste good with my gravy. Time doesn't include time to peel, cook, and mash potatoes (usually takes me around 30-40 minutes)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crumbled
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared without milk or butter, use leftover cooking water to mash)
- extra butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and seasonings until smooth. Stir into mashed potatoes until well blended.
- Transfer potatoes to slow cooker. Make an indentation in the middle of the potatoes and place a pat or two of butter in the indentation. Cover and heat on LOW for 2-4 hours. Do not heat for much longer than 4 hours, as it will affect the texture.