Top Review by SharonP
Sorry,I forgot to rate this...Made it using our excess summer tomatoes...froze several containers for a later use...it was easy, and I enjoyed sampling it...very good taste...thanks for submitting it.
- 4 lbs roma tomatoes, chopped (12 cups)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes in a 3- to 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in oil. Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours or low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender, puree marinara in the slow cooker, or puree the sauce in batches in a regular blender. Stir in basil into pureed sauce.
- Cook marinara to room temperature, then transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate sauce up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months. Serve marinara over pasta or use as a sauce for pizza.