Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Make-Ahead Sausage & Mushroom Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 16 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and bell peppers; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender. Remove mixture from skillet; drain. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs. Stir half-and-half, thyme, salt and pepper into eggs. Add egg mixture to butter in skillet. Cook over medium heat about 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is firm but still moist. Stir in soup.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place half of egg mixture. Top with half each of the sausage mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Mixture can be kept warm on Low heat setting up to 2 hours.