Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I am a huge fan of Stouffer's frozen macaroni and cheese. This is the closest I have come to recreating it at home. Slow cookers are infamous for not having consistent temperatures, so be sure to check yours at the 2 hour mark to determine how much more time you'll need. I also use Bacon Salt instead of the regular salt, if I have it on hand.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously spray the inside of the slow cooker with Pam (or coat with oil).
- Whisk together all ingredients except the cheese and macaroni.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker, and stir in macaroni and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW, stirring once to break up macaroni clumps.
- Check at 2 hours to determine if more time will be needed.
- If needed, stir, and continue to cook for another 1-2 hours.