Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by Carla Joy at allrecipes.com. The original recipe called for bouillon powder, which I don't use, so you might need to add a bit more salt. Also remember that kosher salt is less salty than table salt when measured by volume (they're the same when measured by weight). Kosher if you swap the butter for all oil. Original recipe called for all butter (2 tbsp) and chicken breasts.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (8 pieces)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper, and rub in well. Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, mix the broth, lemon juice, and garlic. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.