Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The cook time on this recipe is just two hours in the crock pot. I like to put it together the night before and get to work a little early the next day to start it cooking when we have pot lucks. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
- 16 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2⁄3 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 4 soft corn tortillas, cut into 3/4-inch strips (6 inch)
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained, rinsed (from 15-oz can)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- In large bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Add half-and-half, salt and pepper; beat well. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook about 7 minutes, scraping cooked eggs up from bottom of skillet occasionally, until mixture is firm but still moist. Stir in soup and chives.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 cup of the salsa in bottom of slow cooker. Carefully place half of the tortilla strips on salsa to within 1/2 inch of edge of slow cooker. Top with 1/2 cup of the beans, 3 cups of the egg mixture and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer with remaining salsa, tortilla strips, beans and egg mixture.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and onions.