Recipe by Chef Romie
From Good Housekeeping magazine. I am cooking it right now, so I haven't tried it, but it sounds so good! I substituted chicken breasts for the thighs and 1/2 tsp of chipotles in adobo for the paprika.
- 1360.77 g bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 226.79 g jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over med-high heat until hot;add chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- While chicken is cooking put beans and sweet potatoes in slow-cooker.
- Place chicken on bean mix in slow-cooker.
- In skillet, mix paprika, allspice, broth, remaining cumin, salsa, and garlic.
- Pour this over chicken in crock pot.
- Cover with lid and cook on low 8 hrs or 4 hrs on high.
- Remove chicken to platter. Gently stir red pepper into potato mixture.
- Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.