1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Latin Chicken W/ Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
4 hrs 15 mins
Chef Romie's Note:
From Good Housekeeping magazine. I am cooking it right now, so I haven't tried it, but it sounds so good! I substituted chicken breasts for the thighs and 1/2 tsp of chipotles in adobo for the paprika.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 226.79 g jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- lime wedge
- 1Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 2Heat 12-inch skillet over med-high heat until hot;add chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- 3While chicken is cooking put beans and sweet potatoes in slow-cooker.
- 4Place chicken on bean mix in slow-cooker.
- 5In skillet, mix paprika, allspice, broth, remaining cumin, salsa, and garlic.
- 6Pour this over chicken in crock pot.
- 7Cover with lid and cook on low 8 hrs or 4 hrs on high.
- 8Remove chicken to platter. Gently stir red pepper into potato mixture.
- 9Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Latin Chicken W/ Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 188.2 mg
- Sodium 1053.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 57.7 g