Prep 15 mins
Cook 96 hrs
I got this from weight watchers some time ago. My family enjoys this.
- 1 lb uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 6 dry no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink.
- Mix in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper flakes and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart crock pot.
- Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture.
- Top with half of ricotta mixture.
- Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining beef.
- Cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Turn off crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top of lasagna.
- Cover until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.
- If you like to sneak veggies into your lasagna, add a can of zucchini in tomato sauce to the meat mixture.
- I keep cooked ground beef in the freezer so this is easier to put together. I mix the beef and tomato mixture and let sit overnight. I then assemble the lasagna in the morning.
Love this recipe! It's easy and tastes great. My husband prefers this to lasagne I use to slave over and only half the ingredients and a lot less work
I don't know what this was missing, but something. It was kinda blah. I think I would like to try it with fresh basil because dried really lacks flavor. I really like the idea of using my crockpot though. I am very sorry. Made and Reviewed for New Kid on The Block Tag.