Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I never thought I'd ever make lasagna in a slow cooker! This is exceptional! I did opt to use my own spaghetti sauce, but there isn't anything wrong in using the bottled. I just prefer mine. I used the same amounts. You may choose to use some Italian sausage along with the ground beef. If so, just remove the casing from the sausage, break it up and cook it right along with the ground beef. **Note** You may want to check your lasagna after about 3 1/2 hours, don't cook it too long. Note* 12/2014 Sorry Kraft, I use parmesan that I grate myself. You can do as you please.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN)
- 1 (7 ounce) package KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup kraft grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- brown meat in large skillet drain. stir in spaghetti sauce and water. mix ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, egg and parsley
- BROWN meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
- SPOON 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit; and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 minute or until melted.
This recipe works out so well that I really was shocked. I was concerned with the water usage thinking it would make it runny but if you use a thick sauce (I used Newman's Own Marinara) it works out wonderfully. I have doubled this recipe both times I've made it because I wanted leftovers. It does cook really quickly so I do check mine at about 3 1/2 hours to make sure the noodles don't get too mushy. Great recipe for busy weeknights.
Used cottage cheese instead of ricotta and added a few more seasonings. Only took about 3 hours in my crockpot. Would make again.