Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I have not tried this yet but it sounds good and easy.
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) package ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Break noodles and place half in bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Brown ground beef in saucepan and drain.
- Stir in italian seasoning and spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
- Layer half of sauce and water, half mushrooms, half ricotta cheese, and then half of mozzarella cheese over beef.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours.
This slow-cooker lasagna is put together in a wink. Makes a BIG pot of great stuff! We prefer cottage cheese to ricotta cheese, but made it this first time according to the recipe. Ricotta is just too "grainy" for our tastes, but that's a personal thing. Also added some minced garlic.
Yes I have tried this recipe and have subsituted Italian Sausage for the ground beef. This is excellent during the summer and you do not want to heat up the kitchen. Well worth a try!
I don't normally try recipes that the chef says they haven't made, but somehow this one got added to my cookbook and printed out, and I ended up making it for Sunday dinner - yesterday. It was so easy to toss together, especially since I keep one-pound packs of pre-cooked hamburger & onions in my freezer. I thawed the meat out in the fridge overnight & put this together Sunday morning. I figured that it would "work" since I'd made no-boil lasagna in the oven before, but I'd never been happy with that - the noodles got all crusty on the edges. Not so with this! Noodles all cooked perfectly. The only problem we had was it turned out just a bit "soupy" so we just left the lid off for about an hour before serving, and it was great. Perhaps my sauce was a bit thinner than yours? Next time I might reduce or leave out the water, and see what happens. WONDERFUL idea, this one, and we WILL make it again. And again. And...you get the idea!