Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a spicy sweet stew made easy in a crock pot. Cook on high for 5 hours for a quicker meal. Recipe from January 30, 2007 Woman's World.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In 4 quart crock pot, layer potatoes, onion, and raisins.
- In a bowl, combine cumin, salt, and cayenne. Add lamb and toss to coat.
- Place lamb on top of potatoes. Add tomatoes with juice.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Stir in chickpeas during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.