Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Delicious over rice, in corn tortillas, wrapped in lettuce. Garnish and top with green onions, kimchi, cilantro, mint, grated radishes/carrots, shredded cabbage, chipotle mayo (mayo with 1 T chipotles in adobo or gochujang stirred in), cucumbers.
- 1 (3 lb) beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (gochujang or sambal olek, more to taste)
- Put chuck roast into the crock of a slow cooker; add onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno pepper, ginger root, rice vinegar, sesame oil, gochujang salt, and pepper.
- Cook on High for 8 hours (or on Low for 10 hours).
- Shred meat with a pair of forks and stir into the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Garnish and top with green onions, kimchi, cilantro, mint, grated radishes/carrots, shredded cabbage (dress with rice vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, garlic powder & salt to taste), chipotle mayo (mayo with 1 T chipotles in adobo stirred in), cucumbers.