Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great weeknight favorite!!! Easy, fast, and delicious! This is the best jambalaya I've had!! I didn't have any chicken de-frosted... so I just used extra sausage and shrimp. This recipe came from my slow-cooker manual.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb sausage, cooked
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked
- 2 cups quick-cooking rice
- Combine all ingredients in the cooking vessel except shrimp and rice. Stir well. Cover and cook: Low- 8 hrs (or) High -5 hours.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
I used cooked rice that I added just before serving along with peas. No shrimp. Added garlic and some hot pepper flakes. And used home made Recipe #77787.
This was delicious. I added cajun seasoning, only used one can of tomatoes and left out the chicken broth. I sauteed the shrimp in olive oil and cajun seasoning... also added finely chopped garlic.
used raw rice and added it according to the recipe - ended up mush :( wasted 5 hours of cooking. I would add the raw rice & shrimp no more than 8-10 minutes before being ready. Also, add bay leaves & the juice of one habenero pepper for flavor...