Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great weeknight favorite!!! Easy, fast, and delicious! This is the best jambalaya I've had!! I didn't have any chicken de-frosted... so I just used extra sausage and shrimp. This recipe came from my slow-cooker manual.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb sausage, cooked
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked
- 2 cups quick-cooking rice
- Combine all ingredients in the cooking vessel except shrimp and rice. Stir well. Cover and cook: Low- 8 hrs (or) High -5 hours.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
I used cooked rice that I added just before serving along with peas. No shrimp. Added garlic and some hot pepper flakes. And used home made Giblet Stock from Turkey or Chicken or ?? for Soup or Gravy.
This was delicious. I added cajun seasoning, only used one can of tomatoes and left out the chicken broth. I sauteed the shrimp in olive oil and cajun seasoning... also added finely chopped garlic.
used raw rice and added it according to the recipe - ended up mush :( wasted 5 hours of cooking. I would add the raw rice & shrimp no more than 8-10 minutes before being ready. Also, add bay leaves & the juice of one habenero pepper for flavor...