Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Copyright, 2005, Robin Miller, All rights reserved
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery, and chicken broth. Stir in oregano, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours. Stir in the thawed shrimp, cover and cook until the shrimp is heated through, about 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves and spoon mixture over cooked rice.
- Episode#: RM0109.
- Copyright © 2006 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.